Join us every year for a giant camp out in the middle of Roanoke’s Rivers Edge Park.
Bring your own gear, or try out our new Hassle-Free Camping option. Camping at GO Fest is fun and easy, but there are a few hoops you have to jump through.
The Girl Scouts of Virginia Skyline and Virginia Western Community College are managing all aspects of the camping area. Once you’re onsite they will be your go-to-folks for questions and answers. They’ll even have some cooking demos taking place, and probably a few s’more sessions too.
Here are the details:
Even though it’s free, and you have your own equipment, you must still pre-register to camp. Just click this green button . . .
- RSVPing allows GO Fest to gauge interest & communicate with campers about weather, parking, load-in and other logistics. It does not guarantee you space at GO Fest. All free camping sites are first come, first serve.
- If you don’t have your own equipment, or want to avoid the hassle of setting up and taking down your tent, then you need to check out our Hassle-Free Camping option (in which you get a very sweet Otterbox cooler, tent, sleeping bags, cot, etc.…to keep).
- This is walk-in tent camping only. We cannot accommodate any wheeled camping such as RVs, campers, vans, etc.
- No one will be permitted to set up before 5pm on Friday (no exceptions).
- We highly recommend parking in the Crystal Spring Avenue Parking Garage and then walking your gear onsite via the pedestrian tunnel. However, if you want to battle other cars, wait in a long line, etc. then you are welcome to utilize our onsite camping drop off point. You will not be able to enter the drop off zone before 5pm, so don’t even try…don’t even cue up in line as the police won’t let you. Click here for details on camping gear drop off.
- You must check in once onsite. Check in will run from 5-10pm on Friday and 10am-7pm on Saturday.
- Absolutely no private fires (sorry).
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- Please clean up after yourself, and pack out all trash.
Questions? Contact Susan Herndon-Powell, Camping Coordinator at email@example.com.