Used Gear Sale
Who Likes Gear…? We All Like Gear!
Do you have outdoor clothing or equipment that you no longer use, that your family has outgrown, or that you just don’t have room for? Bring it to the Outdoor Gear Yard Sale, sponsored by the Boy Scouts of America. In the Outdoor Gear Yard Sale (big white tent) you can buy gear, sell gear, or donate your used clothing and gear to the Boy Scouts, who will put it to good use for Scouting programs in central and western Virginia. Here’s how it works:
HOW TO BUY GEAR
- Walk around and check out the gear
- If you see gear or clothing you want to buy, simply call the number on the attached card.
- Then, you and the seller can work out a sales price and arrange a time during the gear sale tent hours to meet to complete the purchase and sale. Both parties must be present to complete the sale. The Boy Scouts do not handle any cash nor are they involved with the transaction – it’s between you and the buyer.
HOW TO SELL GEAR
- If you want to sell gear or clothing, bring your CLEAN gear to the tent and ask a Boy Scout volunteer for help. They will provide you a card on which you can fill in your name, your contact information where you can be reached during GO Fest, and a suggested sales price. Leave the card with the gear and wait for a call!
- If someone wants to buy your gear they will call you, you return to the tent, and you negotiate the deal. Both parties must be present to complete the sale. The Boy Scouts do not handle any cash nor are they involved with the transaction – it’s between you and the buyer.
- If, at the end of the festival your gear has not sold you can pick it up OR you can donate it to the Boy Scouts, who will put it to good use in getting area youth outside and active. Talk to a volunteer and he/she will get you a form so that you can get the tax benefits of your donation.
- Any unclaimed items left after the event become the property of the Boy Scouts.
- You may drop off gear for sale during ALL OPEN VENDOR HOURS. That is Friday from 6pm-9pm, Saturday from 10am-8pm and Sunday from 10am-5pm.
DONATE YOUR GEAR
- Have old gear your aren’t using, but don’t want to deal with the hassle of selling it…or you just want the tax benefit of a donation?
- Bring your gear to the Outside Gear Yard Sale tent and tell a Boy Scout volunteer you want to donate your gear.
- They’ll give you a form to complete so you can reap the tax benefits of your donation.
- And you’ll sleep well at night knowing your old gear is helping get area youth outside and active.