Race Your Heart Out at GO Fest
There are plenty of opportunities to engage your competitive spirit during the Anthem Roanoke GO Outside Festival, Oct. 13-15.
With foot and bike races for all ages, there’s a way for everyone to cross the finish line as a winner. They are open to all ability levels and the goal is participation in every event. That is why almost every event has prizes, trophies and awards for people regardless of how they finish. With our new Strava based King & Queen of the Challenge just for registering you are entered to win 1-of-4 $200 Adidas Outdoor gift cards, you don’t even have to do the run/ride!
At the Walkabout Outfitter Wild Gear Chase, everyone gets to enter our sweet gear tent with $12,000 worth of prizes even if you just walk to one or two of the checkpoints. So join the fun and don’t be a nincompoop!
Here’s a look at the race lineup:
- Salem Half Marathon: Although half marathon, 8K and kids race on Saturday, Oct. 14, will take place off site, packet pickup and the after party are on the GO Fest site, and runners gets some special GO Fest perks as well.
- Walkabout Outfitter Wild Gear Chase: This may be a Wild Gear Chase but don’t worry, even if you’re slow you’ll catch some sweet stuff. From water bottles and hats to bikes and kayaks, and everything in between, everyone walks away with a piece of gear in this unique treasure hunt. (Need a coupon code?)
- Strava Challenge – Running: You have between 7 a.m. on Oct. 8 until exactly 3:37 p.m. on Oct. 14 to post your best Strava time. On Saturday (Oct. 14) a King & Queen of Trail Running will be crowned around 5 p.m. at GO Fest’s main stage. Everyone who participates is entered to win one of four $200 Adidas Outdoor gift cards.
- Parkway Brewing Beer Relay: You were going to have a beer to kick off GO Fest on Friday, Oct. 13, so why not do it with a relay? This race will start near the river bank and will take participants on a scenic route through the festival with a few surprises. The race will consist of 4 laps and there are plenty of prizes.
- Ultimate Frisbee Tourney: Get in on the ultimate action! Eight mixed teams, ultimate tournament. Tournament takes place on Saturday, Oct. 14 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on the Rivers Edge South Field.
- Carilion Children’s Kid Bike Race: Children of all sizes and skill levels are welcome to participate and bikes will be provided. We’ll even have some Strider “no-pedal” balance bikes are developed for both learning the ropes of riding and honing advanced skills in racing. Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Carilion Children’s Hospital and Pello Bike, and East Coasters Bike Shop join forces to host the most adorable (and surprisingly exciting) bike race you’ve ever seen.
- Friday Night Alleycat Race: Part scavenger hunt, part race, part chaos, all fun. Ride around town and then have a beverage with friends. Prizes provided. Helmet recommended. Head and taillights required for the show and go race on Friday, Oct. 13 at 8 p.m.
- Strava Challenge – Mountain Biking: You have between 7 a.m. on Oct. 8 until exactly 3:37 p.m. on Oct. 14 to post your best Strava time. On Saturday (Oct. 14) a King & Queen of Mountain Biking will be crowned around 5 p.m. at GO Fest’s main stage. Everyone who participates is entered to win one of four $200 Adidas Outdoor gift cards.
- Hometrust Bank Superhero Race: This family and dog friendly event captures the spirit of what GO Fest is all about; 5K runners will having timing chips, but walkers, dogs, strollers, wheelchairs, and kids are welcome. There’s also a fun run for Little Heroes (ages up to 10). Costume prizes for adults, kids, and dogs – just one reason the Superhero Race was voted Best of the Blue Ridge Costumed Event 2017 by Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine readers